Lynx(II) Drop In LCD Kit - Solderless Drop In - PRE ORDER - REV5
Revision 5 has been replaced with Revision6 Drop In Kit. Click HERE to see Rev6
Why our kit over the others?
- Half the price
- Double the battery life of any other kit (Will not crash your game as batteries get low or glitch your controls)
- No soldering required (for the most basic install, 1 wire soldered for brightness control / Scanline control)
- 5minute install requiring simple hand tools
- 3D printed install frame by Atari Gamer takes the guesswork out of alignment when installing.
- Power supply protection to help prevent irreparable damage to your Lynx if your power supply fails (Very common if not recapped/refurbished)
- Full voltage regulation to prevent damage to our LCD kit if your power supply is out of spec - Our competitors will simply fail requiring a new LCD kit $$$
- Only one component needs removing from the PCB vs dozens with our competitors
- Easily reversible to revert your system back to OEM spec if you choose.
Two Kit options are available. Soldered, or Solderless. The soldered needs 12 wires soldered, just as our last version did.
Solderless comes with a ribbon which slots in the original LCD's ribbon socket. NO soldering required (Unless you want to enable brightness control, then its one wire - Otherwise it's at full brightness)
NOTE: AtariGamer custom 3d printed install frames are now included!!
This kit is for the Lynx 2 only. We will have the Lynx 1 kit available soon
NOT fully compatible with version C104129-001 Motherboards. These are not common and were an early lynx2 design which used lynx1 IC's. This means you'll need to use a Lynx1 LCD kit for these motherboards. The side effect of using a Lynx2 kit in these consoles is a jumpy splash screen. The game runs fine, just the splash/logo at startup is unstable.