We're still testing various FPGAs to keep the price low. This means pcb revisions, then we wait for them, assemble and test.
Honestly, we're having second thoughts borrowing cash against our home to fund the first batch of new kits. With China copying everyone's work it's risky and unsettling. If we feel the risk is too high, we'll abandon the project completely.
PayPal has placed a 60day hold on all payments as they deemed us high risk due to the length between orders and delivery. Mostly because we allowed pre orders. This means pre ordering won't give us any capital to fund this project and it'll be all on us.
Sorry for the long answer to a simple question. We like to be as transparent as possible.