New Drop In LCD Question

Oct 6, 2019 - 4:26 PM

• @bennvenn These upcoming 1:1 DMG/Pocket/GBC screens are going to be LCD right? So why not IPS like the GBA ones from Funnyplaying? Thanks!

• @andrsmuozderiveradaz I’m pretty sure bennvenn has been working at a IPS for the GBC. And a IPS for the pocket probably doesn’t make much sense because of AAA batteries.

• IPS is just a type of LCD.

• Hey, so will the new DMG-Kit include a totally new developed screen or will it keep the 3" blur screen?

This post was edited Nov 3, 2019 12:16AM
  • @dennisenders from what has been posted on the BennVenn Patreon and on here, it looks to be a brand new LCD, similar to the technology Chinese screens being used to mod Gameboy Pockets. The benefits to the BennVenn kit look to be that it will be a solderless drop in solution for the GBP and a new screen board solution for the original DMG that will maintain the size and aspect ratio of the original screens.

• Hello! Any news on when the original size screen replacement for the DMG will be available to order/preorder? Am I correct in my understanding that there will be backlighting on this and that all I need to solder is the speaker?

• I'm very excited for this. Any rough idea on availability?