ElCheapo SD Flash Cart V1.5/6
Where it all began. The v1.6 is the first generation of my ElCheapoSD carts. It only supports ROM's up to 1mbyte in size, has enough SRAM for any currently available ROM. It is a little power thirsty so not very suitable for GB Pocket, or backlit DMG's without supporting mods.
I suggest the newer v1.9 cart, 4mbyte ROM handling, Lower power (Especially with the Low Power Modded version) and auto palette selection. If you want an entry level SD based flash cart to play all your original DMG games and a few Colour, and you want it cheap, this is the cart for you! If you want every GB+GBC game ever made on one cart, get the v1.9
An SD, GB/GBC flash cart for less than half the price of an Everdrive?!?!?!
This little guy supports GB and GBC ROM's (No RTC support) 1mbyte or smaller.
Update!: Added multi MBC support (1/3/5) as of 26/7/2016.
- DMG compatible (Notched)
- 1Mbyte Game ROM max
- 128kbytes Save RAM max
- Load/Save to SD for save games/LSDJ saves
- 1Mbyte per minute transfer speeds from SD card (double when used on a GBC/GBA)
- Save files are unique and not attached to the ROM file name. Multiple saves per ROM
- Short File Names recommended
- The first 128 ROM's and Save's are accessible via the GB.
- Firmware upgradable via SD
- Replaceable battery version (Battery Is now included! CR1216/CR1220)
- Sticker Included
- Shipped without SD Card. you will need a 2gb SD for lowest power consumption
- Folder support now added (expands the ROM count to thousands!)
Most SD cards are now supported, FAT32 only. Larger cluster size the better.
Supplied in an enclosure. Please leave a note on checkout if you plan to re-home the PCB. They are very thin and fragile, if you flex them they will fail. No warranty is given to physically damaged PCB's. All items must be shipped back at your expense for repairs. There have been a few boards already damaged, parts ripped off, SD cards snapped in half. This is a delicate piece of hardware.
Before updating make sure your batteries are charged etc... A failure updating firmware can lead to a bricked cart.
Blank Save Files (32k + 128k(LSDJ))
Before you update, Be 100% sure you format your SD card to Fat32 with 4k clusters. Confirm the card works by writing a flash to the cart, the first ROM you try flash should NOT be the firmware!
Update 1.63 Stable - Improved file&folder system. Files and Folders now in the one list, navigate through folders easier. Auto retry on Init failure, expanded support for large capacity SDHC cards. Improved Update tool.