Batch #2 in stock and shipping! Looking for a kit in the UK? Try Zedlabz! EU? Try VideoGamePerfection!
V1.1 Firmware - Delay added to scanline enable/disable to prevent accidental scanline mode in Ecco when mashing the start button and Up/down
Easy Install ribbons are ready! Look HERE for more info
Official install guide HERE
RetroGearCustom's Review HERE
MachoNacho's Review Here
IPS is superior in every way to the 20yr old tech used in other TFT kits! Don't settle for anything but the best!
Update! 11hrs 37minutes on 80% brightness (plenty bright and crisp for indoor play) on Aldi brand 2400mAh NiMh cells.
Update! Confirmed working on 1Asic and 2Asic consoles (VA0 & VA1) - 26Mar2021
We have ordered a dozen VA4 consoles, support to be added. We'll add a new listing for VA4 and VA5 compatible kits when development is complete.
We've designed the V1 GG lcd kit to give the absolute best image quality for the price. We use IPS panels with an amazing viewing angle, deep blacks, rich colors and bright whites. IPS is the technology used in smart phones - vs TFT which was the standard used in the 2000's. The V1 kit does not provide VGA out.
If you can re-cap your GameGear - you have the skills to install this kit. An install ribbon is now available - Link above.
Our V2 kit is in development with a 12x the pixels of the original LCD had. This gives us the ability to provide flexible scaling modes, linear, full screen, integer scaling. If this is something you've been waiting for, check in on our discord for the latest progress and pics. (Yup, we realise its not a good business strategy to announce V2 before V1 goes up for sale, we just want to be straight-up honest with you. Approx price of V2 will be $120) Update: V2 will be delayed until we can source IC's at their usual prices.
- High brightness IPS LCD. Superior viewing angle, contrast, clarity. Not TFT like other kits out there.
- The ONLY kit with no screen tearing on moving images
- Low power - approximately 1/3rd of other competing kits. Longer battery life, less stress on electronic components. 11hrs35min runtime measured on 2200mah NiMh cells.
- Variable brightness control via the brightness wheel
- Scanlines, Scaling modes (Full screen, cropped & 1:1 modes), Can move the image up and down in cropped mode
- No buzz/hum/whine injected into the console like other competing kits
- Half the price as other competing kits
- Frame locked to the original frame rate. No image tearing or lag
- Built in protection prevents damage to our kit if your system is running at a higher than standard voltage.
- Currently a 10 wire install - this may increase as more functionality is added to the design.
We recommend you re-cap your GG and confirm it is functioning correctly before installing our LCD kit.
Need a new AMP PCB? Try HERE
Tested on 1 and 2 asic consoles (VA0 & VA1)
As of 17Mar2021,both GameGear mode and Master System Mode is supported.
Note: PCB images are of the prototype, production board will be smaller and attached to the LCD. Shell modification is required. Soldering is required.